Re: Johnny Cash Has Passed Away

--- Mark Watson <markwats@comcast.net> wrote:

> Will any area country stations pay tribute today and
> throw in some of Johnny
> Cash's hits?

I heard the news of Johnny's sad passing on WRKO
at 12:30 pm. I put on WKLB and heard the tail end of a
song by his daughter, Roseanne, and the DJ
(Paula Street?) said they were paying tribute to
Johnny...a caller then was heard requesting one
of Cash's hits.

I'm sure country stations will indeed mark the passing
in some respect. One of the greatest legends
of country music. He's up there telling St. Peter,
"Hello, I'm Johnny Cash." St. Peter smiles and says,
"Sir, you're a man who needs no introduction..."