Re: Channel 38's superstation status lives on

Paul Anderson wrote:
> Why wouldn't the cable system in State College carry a closer UPN
> station from Harrisburg, or even Philadelphia or Pittsburgh?

I don't live off-campus and an online search trying to find the local
off-campus cable system proved fruitless. (I did think it was at one time
TCI, later AT&T Broadband and still later Comcast, but a search of Comcast's
web site for a State College channel lineup comes up invalid).

Other network affiliates are hauled in from Altoona/Johnstown, with
Pittsburgh's NBC affiliate and Scranton's ABC affiliate also on the lineup.
I would say geography (i.e. big mountains) might be a factor in not carrying
WLYH-TV Lancaster, the closest UPN affiliate, but picking up Scranton kind
of throws cold water on that theory.

> > If we could only get the Sox games here...
>
> Is WSBK blacked out during the Friday evening games?

Outside the Boston market, the satellite uplink for Channel 38 consists of
UPN programming, from what I understand, not baseball.

---