WVNY TV (22) News gone...

<<On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:06:18 -0400, "Bill O'Neill" <billo@shoreham.net> said:

> The Rutland Herald is reporting this morning that the
> Burlington/Plattsburgh ABC affiliate, WVNY (22) is ceasing it's
> local news operation (6 & 11) as of this Friday.  They cite revenue
> shortfalls.  That reduces the local options by one-third to the
> market.

Not that it makes any difference: WCAX is to that market what WSB is
to Atlanta.  WVNY has always been the weak sister (going back to the
days when it was WEZF-TV) and has gone through several periods without
significant news presence, not to mention outright darkness during the
1970s.  I think it had just come back on the air in 1978 when we moved
to Burlington.  (Not that it mattered to us, since their OTA signal on
Austin Drive was unwatchable.)

-GAWollman