Re: FCC gives ultimatum to Radio Free Brattleboro

At 05:39 PM 9/5/2003, Dan Billings wrote:
>OK.  But if there is really such an interest in community broadcasting in
>Burlington, some group can get a license.  Start a new group with a new name
>and put different people's names as heads of the organization.  My point was
>that such groups had something to complain about when it was practically
>impossible for community groups to get licensed, but that is no longer the
>case.
>
>-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

Sorry Dan, but LPFM is no solution at all.  It's a half-assed attempt to
solve 10% of the overall problem while paying lip service to the remaining 90%.

It's still practically impossible for community groups to get licensed
except in the most remote of areas.  For example, the closest possible LPFM
allocation was over 70 miles from Boston.  Hell of a lot of good that does
with most of the demand for new licenses around New England was in Boston.