WCAP/Spinners

I took the family to see the Expos/Spinners (Single-A) in Burlington tonight.
Great to have a chance to see Ryan Johnston again (in the visitor's bcast
booth for the Spinners.)  Ryan will be taking a brief breather before getting
going with the Lowell Lockmonsters Hockey season for WCAP.

We packed it in after the 8th (VT leading 4-1).  We live an hour south of
Burlington and it's a school night for the kids.  By the time we took the
shuttle to our car at Fletcher Allen Hospital lot and then to head to Rt. 7, I
dialed around to catch the wrap of the game on local radio.  WVAA (1390
Burlington) was not covering, checked out other signals to no avail, but
popped onto 980.  Surprised to hear Ryan's voice on WCAP like a local nearly
200 mi. from Lowell.  No Troy, NY or Canadian interference.  This was around
7:30 p.m. and still day pattern for WCAP.  Not bad for 5 kW approaching dusk!

Bill O'Neill