Re: Citadel sales?

Mike Thomas wrote:

>A lot of these small market stations aren't generating the cash flow
>percentages the chains were hoping for when they acquired them, so the big
>guys are starting to sell out to local interests.  It makes sense--local
>or regional owners may have the ability to stimulate ad revenues from
>local clients better than a big chain, and they don't have the pressures
>of answering to Wall Street either.

I wonder how many of these stations were just part of smaller companies
that the big companies acquired in the go-go days...they wanted some
stations with better signals/more potential, but these came with the
package.  Finally they have the time to go thru and get rid of the ones
that don't (and never did) fit the plan.  Most of them will take a lot of
work to make a go of, but for someone with the ability & desire there are
some opportunities.