Re: Blethan campaign against FCC rules

> Boston would likely be a one paper town if Murduch did not buy the Herald
> when he did.  We might have more papers today if cross-ownership had never
> been banned.

As much as I despise the NY Post for its editorial slant (not
conservative, just crackpot - it was better when Eric Breindel ran the
page) and general shoddy writing geared towards third graders, I'm glad
Murdoch also stepped in and bought that rag.

The guy also owns Channel 5 (FOX).  In this age we should be having more
newspapers, not less.

What I don't understand is what's the big deal if the networks continue to
buy more O&Os in other cities to pipe their programming through?  Or is
the whole panic about networks owning more TV stations because of the
duopoly thing?

I always thought that the national TV stations owned a channel in almost
every major city in the country.

--
Sven (duopoly - now there's a word we haven't heard in a while) Weil