Ulysses G. Shelton?

I was giving a talk yesterday at the Jack Satter House in Revere where I
met some absolutely wonderful old-timers, including one guy who is 93
(looks 70 maybe) and used to work at the old WLOE, precursor to WMEX.  I
also met a woman who worked with a talk show host whose name vaguely rings
a bell, but I wasn't in Boston during the time she asked me about-- the
talk show host was Ulysses G. Shelton Jr (I don't know if that's the name
he used-- I was working in Washington DC at the time)-- does his name ring
a bell with anyone?  She also said she knew Avi Nelson, but Avi is still
around and I see him on TV now and then.  Anyway, let me know if you recall
Mr Shelton.  Thanxes.