Re: TV Time

> I noticed that the anchor actually says "It's 5:30."  Not a big deal but it

While still a youngster I noticed the Channel 41 (Paterson NJ/New York
City) news also used to do the same thing -- they would start the news
either a couple of minutes before or after the top of the hour.

As a kid I grew up listening to a station where "at the sound of the tone,
it will be EXACTLY --:--"....so it always weirded me out why the TV
stations in this city couldn't be as exact as my favorite radio station.

The publicly-owned Inravision national network stations in Colombia
actually used to do the following:  Network logo slide 30 seconds with a
clock to the top of the hour, then time and next program.  This was a very
good way to set your clock. :-)

(Background info) In Colombia, until very recently, TV consisted of two
publicly owned channels that opereated as leased-access - where blocks of
time would be rented to privately owned programmers.  There were certain
criteria for determining the blocks of time that would be rented out.  I
don't know what they are.

The newer regional public networks (like TelePacifico for the state of
Valle Del Cauca) also operate the same way. These new regional networks
went on the air sometime in the early-to-mid 1990s.

A few years back (sometime around 1997 or 1998), two of the main
programmers, Radio b'casting corps. RCN and CaRaCol, were given licenses
to start national over-the-air TV stations.

This opened up a lot of time for the remaining smaller programmers on
Inravision Cadena Uno and Canal A (formerly Cadena 2).

A third, smaller - mostly UHF network - called Senal Colombia (Formerly
Cadena 3)  programs mostly cultural and educational stuff stuff similar to
what is seen on PBS in the USofA - in fact some things, like Austin City
Limits are actually from PBS.

--
Sven