Re: Ken Coleman and B.U. football

--- Aaron Read <aread@speakeasy.net> wrote:

> I know that WBUR was not doing BU football by 1994,
> when I came to BU.   Or
> at least, they weren't doing it regularly.
>
> I believe, but have no hard evidence, that they had
> stopped doing BU
> football around the time of...or soon after...the
> (1st) Gulf War.

Someone replied to my post on radio-info.com,
saying they remembered hearing Coleman doing
B.U. football in '93 when B.U. was undefeated.
(He added that WBUR did indeed do their own
football games for awhile, as they couldn't
get a commercial station to take them.)

I may have been tuning the dial wondering if
WBUR was picking up "Whad Ya Know" again and
got (B.U.) football instead.