Re: Mt. Washington update?

Bill O'Neill wrote:

>It seems that WPKQ (103.7) was spotty when tuning it in from the
>Mt. Wash. Hotel lot. Shadow zone?

Depending on when you were listening you may have also hit a time
recently when they seemed to be running considerably less then normal TX
power. I noticed this recently (I think sometime last week or the week
before, I don't recall exactly) as I was getting WKNE very strongly in
Carroll County NH, making WPKQ almost unlistenable. This is highly
unusual at that location...WPKQ normally captures  that area completely.

Things were back to normal the next day.

Perhaps an atmospheric anomaly, but if so it sure was a good one...More
likely some work going on on the mountain.

-Ben