Re: All Comedy (was LTAR)

of clients doing their own voicing on commercials, Garrett wrote:
>> (snip)  Most of them, I suspect, know all too well that they aren't as technically adept as professional voice talent, but are more concerned with either hearing their own voice on the air, or connecting directly with their customers.  Ernie Boch Jr. probably voices his own spots for the same reason that the Tatelmans do theirs. <<

the Tatelmans were probably not the first, but they have to among the most memorable "non-professional-talents" doing radio/tv.  from the early days of "chopping and slashing!" to their laid-back approach of today, they have become "comfortable" to listen to; i think we've come to expect it.

up here in Maine, Jolly John (Pulsifer) kept himself afloat, financially, thanks to the syndication of his "q&a" style auto spots.  his first dealership went under, but he had set up his own production company & studios (CBC in Biddeford) to do the syndicated versions of radio and television spots for other dealerships around the country (Europe, too).  now, he's been back in the auto biz for a while, still doing the "HI HO" thing and getting the desired result: name/product recognition.

- -Chuck Igo