Re: EAS(was Major Power Outage)

Dan Billings wrote:
>During the Sox game on Saturday afternoon on the local Fox station, EAS went
>off with thunderstorm warnings about 10 times in 90 minutes.  The storms
>were significant, but pretty typical summer thunderstorms.  I think
>activating the system so frequently will make it harder to get people to pay
>attention when it really matters.  I assume that the issue is with the
>station and they could have decided not to run all the messages.

The National Weather Service does tend to get a bit carried away activating
the EAS.  I've seen a half dozen activations in a 15-20 minute
period.  When we're attended, the jocks at our stations have instructions
not to air the NWS alerts, but instead relay the info in their jock
talks.  I thought they were getting rid of Perfect PaulŪ, but if so his
replacement sounds just as robotic and unintelligible.