RE: Whitley vs City of Lawrence

I must disagree. First off, I don't think anyone without a reasonable
command of the English language (regardless of whether the language is one's
primary or not) should be getting a Batchelor's Degree, never mind a
Master's (which one would hope would be the rock-bottom MINIMUM educational
achievement of a Superintendent of Schools of a city even half the size of
Lawrence).

If you cannot communicate, you cannot succeed in any endeavor, regardless of
degree attainment.

A superintendent should actually have an above-average grasp on the
curriculum being taught. We as a society seem to care more about making
"feel-good" appointments as opposed to hiring the absolute best talent
available.

Paul Hopfgarten
East Derry NH 03041
paul@03038.com