Re: RIP Bob Hope

On 28 Jul 2003 at 12:08, Larry Weil wrote:

> For real this time?  We remember the time a few years ago when a
> story about Hope's death got out that was not supposed to be released.

Yes, but unfortunately, this time it's for real.

I remember a few years ago, when President Clinton sent troops to Bosnia, as the holiday
season approached, I thought of Bob Hope.  This was the first time that American troops
were overseas, and Bob Hope didn't go to entertain them.  On his last trip, during Operation
Desert Shield, he must have been 88.  By the time of Bosnia, he was no longer up to it, and
an era had ended.

Seems to me, Bob Hope entertained the troops at Valley Forge.  Or was that Jack Benny?