Re: Radio Free Brattleboro netcasting

At 08:39 PM 7/14/2003, Bob Nelson wrote:
>http://www.reformer.com/Stories/0,1413,102~8862~1511402,00.html
>

>The Brattleboro Reformer reports that some shows of
>the now-shut-down Radio Free Brattleboro are back, via
>Net streaming, and an effort is being made to get the
>station back on. The FCC sent agents up from its
>Quincy office to squelch the pirate outlet.

The dream dies hard, doesn't it?   BTW, was there no room for an LPFM in
Brattleboro?   Would there be if the 3rd-adjacent protections are dropped
as MITRE recommends?

The article also mentions "Free Radio Burlington", which a little Google
searching revealed is apparently on 87.9FM...which can be done if there's
no TV6 anywhere near them...I don't know what the TV dial is like up in
Burlington, but I know that the 87.9 rules are so strict that the Chan.6 in
Providence might preclude anything on 87.9 in most of New England.  :-)