Re: New station for Portsmouth?

At 06:41 PM 7/11/2003, Dan Cole wrote:

> [...]

Not really - that would imply that LPFM stations actually have money to
spend; my experience would indicate this is not the case.

In fact, far too many people have been perpetuating the myth that a radio
station, even an LPFM, is not a business.  I'm sorry, it is.  Rent,
utilities, staff costs, maintenance, repair...all must be paid for and all
cost money.  Pirates would have us think that you can be on the air for
$500.  BULLS**T!   There is no way a station will less than, say, $20,000
in start-up capital, is gonna survive for long. Even Allston-Brighton Free
Radio cost nearly $6000 to start and that was with free rent at Herrell's
Ice Cream.