Charles Stuart On TV Monday (No Not THAT Charles Stuart)

During this morning's (07/12) "Weekend Edition" on NPR, Scott
Simon interviewed one Charles Stuart about a TV documentary
appearing on American Movie Classics Monday night.  It's
entitled "The AMC Project: Hollywood and the Muslim World".
Why mention this here?  Well the particular Charles Stuart
is not the man who did a header off the Mystic River Bridge,
but a former reporter for the late, lamented "Ten O'Clock
News" on WGBH-TV, Boston.  He also produced a program called
"The Club", on which I made my television debut (sort of).
"The Club" was a 5-night-a-week talk show, not in the typical
desk-and-couch format, but around a "Cheers"-like bar
long before "Cheers".
Charles and his special guests would sit on a bar-stool, while
audience members would sit at circular tables imbibing REAL
beer and wine.  I had a connection at WGBH-TV at the time,
and I participated in two taping sessions.  I call them 'sessions'
because all 5 shows for one week were taped one-after-another.
And true to its night-club theme, REAL beer and wine were served
non-stop and gratis.  At about 11:00, numerous car owners
who didn't have designated drivers (like moi) weaved their
way out of 125 Western Avenue!
If any had ever gotten into a well-publicized
accident and the perp said his or her last drink was at
channel 2, I think the federales might have considered
looking into it (now they don't look into anything).
So anyway, if any of you remember Charles Stuart from his
channel 2 days, this feature is scheduled for AMC Monday
night, quatorze juillet at 10:00 PM.  (I use the French lingo
because it's Bastille Day)

Laurence Glavin
Methuen, MA