Re: Double letters in Boston-market calls

In a message dated 7/8/2003 11:47:39 PM Eastern Standard Time, lawyer@attorneyross.com writes:

> Amherst used to have a triple-letter call, WTTT.  There used to be (and may still be) a
> WWWW somewhere in Puerto Rico.  Has there ever been a KKKK
> anywhere?

I was PD at a station with triple calls:  WYYY/Syracuse.  Y94FM.  There was (maybe still is) a WXXX (95 Triple X) in Burlington, NH.

WWWW was a Detroit station for many years.  It was known as W4. When quad stereo was introduced in the 70's they tried it, and had a mascot called Quadzilla.  Just FYI, if you try to go to what their website would have been (www.wwww.com) you get a German consulting firm.