Re: Fwd: Ninety Watts? I Think Not

Carberry hasn't owned WROL in probably two years. He sold it to Salem for $11
million or thereabouts--heck of a good price for a daytimer. He does own WCRN
as well as 1220 in Providence and maybe still owns WACE 730 in Chicopee. The
only one of his stations that I can hear any longer is WCRN. As far as I can
tell, WCRN's operation is strictly according to the book. The pattern changes
are right on schedule and there is no doubt that the night power is quite a bit
lower than the day power. Of course, WCRN has an application on file to
increase its night power to 50 kW. That ought to motivate just about any AM
station to obey the rules. But WCRN seemed to be pretty scrupulous even before
its application for higher night power was filed.

--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205