RE: Herald: WRKO to evaluate Savage

On 8 Jul 2003 at 13:40, Brian Vita wrote:

> While I don't agree with a lot of what Michael Savage has to say, why is it
> that when a conservative says something "disagreeable" its labelled as "hate
> speech" or "bigotry".  When a liberal, such as Spike Lee or Al Sharpton
> makes an equally offensive statement, no one dares to touch it?

Did Spike Lee or Al Sharpton say the equivalent of "I hope you get
AIDS and die"?

People rant on Al Sharpton's comments all the time.  It's hard to get
him fired from a major network talk show though, since he doesn't
have one.

Liberals are edited too.  The Boston Globe recently spiked (no
reference to Mr. Lee, or the TNN cable network intended) a
Boondocks comic strip for left-leaning remarks they deemed
offensive.

Mark Laurence