Re: CBS & The Pops

  Sean Smyth wrote:

> I seem to recall the fireworks being from 10:10 to 10:30 or so in
pastyears, but I could be wrong.

    IIRC the concert in past years airing on WCVB/ A& E Cable  started at
7:30, with the fireworks going off just after 10:00, wrapping up by 10:30.
Now that it's in CBS control, they pushed everything back 30 minutes, to
accomodate TV of course.

   I did not see the TV coverage, but I did tune into the first few minutes
on WBZ Radio, I heard Lisa Hughes mention that this is the first time we've
aired the Pops 4th of July, etc.etc., and then said this is also the first
time the entire country will get to see Boston's celebration, as the last
hour will be seen nationwide on CBS. WRONG!!! A&E is available on cable and
dish from coast to coast, isn't it? And A&E aired the entire 3 hours along
with WCVB, not just the last hour.So folks nationwide with access to A&E
have been able to see Boston's 4th of July Pops concert for several years.
The truth is this is the first time that part of these festivities have
aired nationally on an over the air network.

   And did anyone notice that Bob Lobel was reporting from the midst of the
Esplanade crowd? Why??

Mark Watson