Re: OP ED piece on FCC new rules

Sadly Mr Clinton fails to mention that many of the problems we seeing
today began on his watch.

I have mixed feelings over networks owning local stations that reach 45%
of the nations viewers. The harsh reality is that networks need the O&O
local ad money to recoup programming expenses. What remains to be seen
is will the networks follow NBC's lead and in cities they don't own a
station see how much a station will pay THEM instead of the other way
around ( as has happened in San Francisco ) which has crippled KRON who
is now trying to survive as an independent.