Re: new logo for Ch 4?

--- Kevin Vahey <kvahey@tmail.com> wrote:
> looks like we will be seeing a new logo on Channel 4
>
> http://wbz4.com/wbz4news/

That logo has already shown up on Ch. 4 for a couple
weeks now.

For years, of course, they had the logo in what some
people call the "Westinghouse font" (you'd see ads
with phrases like "WBZ News Radio 1030" in the same
kind of font). When Westinghouse bought CBS, they
briefly had a logo of a _different_ style of "4"
in a circle but they soon went back to the old style.

In some ways I like the new logo but in some ways you
look at it and say to yourself, "What is this,
Ch. 4 in St. Louis? Miami? L.A.?"-- i.e., it almost
seems like the logo for a station from elsewhere,
not the "4" we've known for years...