subliminal slam on Michael Bloomberg??

I was just watching the ABC-7 (WABC-TV New York)
Eyewitness News at 11 PM tonight (June 17), and saw
something very interesting.  I will present the
situation, and leave it to all of you to draw a
conclusion:
   They ran a report on a lady who had given birth to
a newborn daughter in the back seat of a car.  This
lady was assisted during the birth by an engine
company of the FDNY, and the firefighter that
delivered the baby had to perform infant resuscitaion
(sp??) on it, because it was not breathing at the time
of the birth (the resuscitation saved the baby's
life).  What made this story interesting is that 2
years ago this very same lady also gave birth before
making it to the hospital, and was assisted then by
the very same engine company that was involved this
time around.  But then it gets really interesting --
as soon as the report clip ends, they cut back to a
close-up shot on anchor Bill Ritter, who responds to
the report by saying to remember that this lady was
assisted by the FDNY, and that this newborn infant is
alive now because of the proximity of the FDNY engine
company that answered this call, and the quick
thinking of the firefighter that actually delivered
the baby.  He concluded with a commendation for the
firefighter that delivered the baby, at which point
they cut back to a two-shot on Bill and Diana
Williams, and the newscast continued...

Am I just paranoid, or do Bill's comments after the
video clip seem like a very thinly veiled slam on NYC
Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who is trying to shut down
several engine companies of the FDNY to help close the
city's budget deficit...

BTW, did anyone else here in the viewing area of
WABC-TV see this report?

                             Matt Osborne
                             Poughkeepsie, NY