Fwd: [CBI] No Royalties for webcasting?

I know not everyone on the lists is directly responsible for webcasting,
but there are several on each who are...or (more importantly) do work for
college stations on the side.

With the recent agreement between RIAA and non-commercial webcasters, a
fresh round of scams has cropped up.   Will Robedee (many of you already
know him from his work at www.sos-saveourstreams.com ) has put together a
good summary of what to watch out for.

Naturally, since he's VP of CBI, his message has a CBI-theme, but the info
is just as valid either way.  The simplest rule is to remember that there
is no free lunch, and the house always wins, and if it sounds too good to
be true, it probably is.

- Aaron