Re: You Da Man (on Da Street)

At 11:19 PM 6/16/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Some time ago, Auntie Donna shared her article on media
>hoaxers with us, so I'd be interested in getting her comments on another
>kind of media manipulator.

This is a problem that afflicts the right-wing, left-wing and moderate
media outlets-- you are in a hurry and you need a quote, and here is this
perfectly normal looking guy and he is willing to give you a comment... and
so what if he has been quoted about 300 times over the years and has no
expertise other than getting himself admitted to events and getting
journalists to notice him?  I also notice that some of the talk shows
"round up the usual suspects", using the same guest commentators over and
over, as if nobody else out there might possibly have an opinion.  But hey,
as much as Greg Packer (the guy who gets quoted way too much for no
apparent reason) needs to get a life, at least he is a real person:  some
journalists we all know have made up quotes or made up the people they
quoted... sigh...