Re: 15 minutes of fame

On Tue, 27 May 2003, Donna Halper wrote:

> Well, ABC Nightline was just here, and unless my segment hits the cutting
> room floor, I am going to be on tomorrow night (Wednesday) to talk about
> the problem with media consolidation.

Nice to see some giant companies giving this some decent coverage.

Didn't you have your 15 minutes of fame already by discovering Rush? :)

I think my 15 minutes of fame was this week in Manhatthan, where I was
invited to the screening and private party for the Led Zeppelin DVD (due
to my work helping to run a Led Zeppelin mailing list much like this one)
and I got to meet the living members of my favorite band.

The following day, I was in the studio audience (Wednesday) of Dayside
with Linda Vester, the new show on there. It was fascinating to see how
similar, yet how different a live national television show is produced. I
admired the way that Linda Vester would talk to the audience during the
commercial breaks and try to get as many opposing views from the studio
audience as possible. I do not beleive Fox News is as "Fair and Balanced"
as they claim to be, however I think Linda Vester and her producers make a
really good effort to try to make their one-hour show fair and balanced.

Jeremy