Re: Donna gets heard - and seen! (on Nightline, of course)

I was actually on the air at WXLO during wee hours of the night of the
fire.  The station was still live 24/7 back then.  WTAG was on the bird
and WSRS was automated.  Dunno about WAAF but they weren't a Worcester
station back then either :) I can tell you this--there was not a lot of
information coming out of Worcester Fire and Worcester Police that
night. It had become obvious that the six firefighters were lost, but
the emergency officials would not release that information officially.
 I was able to get information about road closures and such relating to
the fire, and relayed that to the listeners.  We got more calls that
night asking for information and I found out what I could while still
spinning music.  I even got a call from the BBC at 3am and was
interviewed live on one of their morning "chat shows."

Mike Thomas