Re: more like 10 seconds of fame OFF-LIST

----- Original Message -----
From: "A. Joseph Ross" <lawyer@attorneyross.com>
To: "Dan Billings" <billings@suscom-maine.net>
Cc: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 1:26 AM
Subject: Re: more like 10 seconds of fame

> I must say, you are one of the most intellectually honest conservatives
I've ever seen.  Most
> of them would never acknowledge that deregulation was done under Carter.
They'd prefer to
> stoke the stereotype of regulation-minded Democrats.
>
> Sorta like the way Republicans won't acknowledge that Clinton actually
increased defense
> budgets and was responsible for the development of much of the smart
weaponry that made
> victory in Iraq so easy.

Thanks.

I am replying off list because we are getting far of field and I try not to
poke Garrett with a stick:

On domestic policy, both Carter and Clinton offered a lot for conservatives
to like.  Carter was a pretty conservative guy personally and politically.
He came to office at a terrible time for the country and didn't have the
personality to rally the country the way people like Roosevelt, Reagan, and
Clinton did.  He did not inspire confidence, which is one of the biggest
jobs for any President.  The whole Iran thing did him in.  Along with
defense spending, Clinton slowed down domestic spending and was great on
trade.  I actually cheered Al Gore when he ate Perot for lunch during the
NAFTA debate on Larry King.  Of course, conservatives hate Clinton for other
reasons.

Any words of wisdom for passing the bar?  I graduated last Saturday and
begin bar review on Monday.

Dan