Re: Ownership Consolidation

At 03:38 PM 5/28/2003, dan.strassberg@att.net wrote:
>No. And I think Scott may be wrong! I think the argument hinges on the
>definition of "radio station." I haven't spent a lot of time poking around
>the
>FM records in CDBS, but I've never seen a translator there. If
>translators, on-
>channel boosters, and AM synchronous transmitters are not in CDBS and if the
>FCC considers them to be radio stations, Moyers' assertion could well be
>correct. His correctness would depend on whether the FCC maintains an
>accurate
>database of such ancillary "stations."

I dunno about AM sychronous transmitters....but all FM Class D allocations
ARE listed in the CDBS/FMquery program on the web:
www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/fmq.html

Remember that all FM boosters and translators are considered "Class D"
licenses.  Check it yourself, see what WGBH's W242AA's is listed
as:  http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/fmq?call=W242AA

I'm told Dana Puopolo's exploits with WBRS are at least partially led to
all translators being listed as "Class D".