Re: Ownership Consolidation

No. And I think Scott may be wrong! I think the argument hinges on the
definition of "radio station." I haven't spent a lot of time poking around the
FM records in CDBS, but I've never seen a translator there. If translators, on-
channel boosters, and AM synchronous transmitters are not in CDBS and if the
FCC considers them to be radio stations, Moyers' assertion could well be
correct. His correctness would depend on whether the FCC maintains an accurate
database of such ancillary "stations."

The only AM synchronous Tx that I've noticed in CDBS is WLLH's Lawrence
transmitter, which is far from the only AM synchronous Tx in the U.S. I should
note, however, that the FCC classifies most such Txs as "experimental." Still,
it might be even more important for the FCC to maintain an accurate database of
experimental stations than to maintain such a database of normally licensed
stations.
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205