RE: Globe: Curt Gowdy ESPN gig blacked out here

--- Paul Hopfgarten <paul@03038.com> wrote:
> I thought that the Wednesday Night games had ESPN
> getting the national
> rights superceeding the local broadcast (subject
> only to "sellout"
> blackout).

Not sure; I'm just going by what Bill Griffith wrote
in his article; am assuming he checked with the
various outlets beforehand. I went to
bostonsportsmedia.com and it didn't dispute what had
appeared in the article.

ESPN's site only lists Red Sox-Yankees for tomorrow
night (i.e., no backup game; not sure what substitute
programing would be on ESPN2. ESPN has hockey
playoffs schedule for tomorrow night.) And NESN's
site, of course, says they're doing Yankees-Sox
tomorrow night.

Wonder if they can lure Gowdy into the Red Sox Radio
Network booth for an inning or so, so he can say hi?