Is WBOS on their backup TX?

<<On Tue, 20 May 2003 08:52:49 -0400, mamros@MIT.EDU (Shawn Mamros) said:

> Looking at the bostonradio.org and fcc.gov websites, I see that
> WBOS's primary TX is on the Pru (and has been since 2000), but
> they also have two licensed backup facilities out on 128 (one at
> 13 kW on the UHF candelabra, one at a mere 1.35 kW on FM-128).

That's an interesting puzzle.  If you look at older photos of the
candelabra, you can clearly see what appears to be a pair of radomed
FM bays just above the second tier of guy wires.  However, my most
recent photos do not show anything of the sort.  The sign on 143 Cabot
St. is old enough that it still says ``American Tower Systems, Inc.''
instead of the current ``American Tower Corp.''.  Perhaps Scott's
friends at Americna Tower can tell us whether there are any FM backups
still operating from here.

-GAWollman