Re: NYC tower question(s)

> Also I SHOULD know this but what station has its 4 tower array on the
> Brooklyn, Queens border just off I 278 ( to the right heading north )
> Is that WWRL?

Close! :-)

That is 1560 WQEW with 50,000 watts on what I think is a Cuban clear
channel.

It is owned by the NY Times Co. and rented to Radio Disney.  It used to be
W2XR as an experimental high fidelity station and then morphed to WQXR
with classical music.

In 1993 it switched to WQEW after WNEW-1130 changed formats to all-news
WBBR.

The neighborhood the towers are located is Maspeth, an industrial
area.

WQXR is now 96.3 FM.

"These are the radio stations of the New York Times, WQXR and WQXR-FM, New
York."

*BING*

--
Sven