Re: The New Tunnel

from the deep woods of Maine... all right, from Bowdoinham, Dan B asked:
>> Isn't there a big political fight between the Governor (who gave the tunnel
its name) and the Legislature (who want to name the tunnel after Tip O'Neil)?
<<

if i've read things (that i didn't write so i won't post) on the Internet (that
neither i nor Al Gore invented) correctly, isn't the Tip O'Neil tunnel the new
underground I-90 spur that connects the Teddy with the Turnpike?  and wouldn't
that make for an alliterative twirling of the tongue from our troops of traffic-
on-the-threes tellers of tales of tailgaters who require tow trucks?  "The
turnpike to the Tip to the Ted..."  kind of works for me.  but then again, (and
with a nod to Dave Barry) i think that Alliterative Twirling Tongues would make
a great name for a rock band.

- -Chuck(been bumper-to-bumper from Brighton-to-Boston)Igo