Re: Fwd: Re: Can WBOT improve coverage if WINQ moves?

If I'm not mistaken, WBOT is at the max for a Class A: 6 kW at 100m AAT. Any
increase from its present facilities at its present location would involve a
change in station class. I'm sure there's a subclass of B that would allow a
slight power increase, which would certainly be less expensive than another Tx
move.

I don't know how much space, if any, is available on the 800+-foot tower in
Quincy. If there is room there and the room is high enough on the tower, and if
the tower stucture can stand the additional load, a move to that tower would
appear to be the way to go, but a slight increase at the present location would
be cheaper and would also be effective. Also, since I think WBOT owns its
current site, staying put would not involve paying rent month after month for a
space on somebody else's tower.

Then if Mega were to go belly up (definitely still a possibility) and offer 890
for sale and Radio One could convince ABC to buy 890, move Radio Disney there,
and sell 1260 (to Radio One), WILD and WBOT could wind up with pretty decent
facilities. 1260, in particular, has a DYNAMITE signal in Dorchester and
Roxbury.
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205