RE: Disco 103

within this thread, Roger suggested:
>> (snip) Lure JJ Wright away from 105.7 and Vinnie Peruzzi from Star 93.7?
Where's Sunny Joe White when radio needs him? <<

the Sunny Joe locale is obvious, i know that Roger knows this.  smiling down
upon us while his fellow programmers wrestle with the Disco conundrum.  "it's
bad, but damn! it was good!"
and well, to be honest, Rog... JJ's already at 103.3.  (launched from 105.7
about a year ago, and landed at 103.3 before the ink was dry on his final
check.)

Paul asked whilst reflecting on his 69-71 "wonder years":
>> (snip) Anyone remember the old Norwood (MA) Junior High South burning down
in Jan 1971? <<

no, but it must have been contagious... i recall the Western Junior High at the
top of Cameron Ave in Somerville burning down in the same time frame. it might
have been '68/69... but it was a big blaze.

Disco?  BRING IT ON!  i'm 45.  i listened to it.  i bought some 45s.  then some
12" versions.  and i have enough on CD to keep my sense of nostalgia alive;
taking me back to the day when the Mad Hatter on Necco Street or Uncle Sam's,
On the Beach at Nantasket, or even Lucifer's in the Square were a great night
out, any night of the week.  of course, that's when i had the clothes, the
shoes, the hair and a few bucks to spend.  do i think that Disco has a place in
Oldies formats?  yep.  29 years ago, it was 1974 and the Hues Corporation were
imploring us to "rock on with" our bad selves.  in 1974, when the Famous Jim
Sands was playing oldies on Saturday nights on the nifty 850 (and at the
Scotch'n'Sirloin during the week) while at the same time i was an underage
oldies dj at the 99 on Pearl Street (statute of limitations expired, i hope?),
an Oldie was, at most, 19 years old.  that would make anything from '84
back "fair game" for an Oldies format, if we judged what defined an "Oldies"
format "back in the day."

- -Chuck(i can get down tonight...but now, damned if i can get back up)Igo