Re: More on the ethics front

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron Read" <aread@speakeasy.net>
To: "Sean Smyth" <ssmyth@suscom.net>
Cc: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2003 7:24 PM
Subject: Re: More on the ethics front

> From the armchair law department, I believe that in hiring Geragos,
Peterson could force a mistrial because of Geragos' previous media exposure.

By hiring Geragos, Peterson is consenting to his representation and won't
get a mistrial as a result.  I am sure Geragos disclosed his conflict and
had Peterson sign a statement recognizing the conflict and waiving it.

As for the jury: Anyone who has been following this case in the media would
be off the jury anyway.

On another note:  Did you see that the Station didn't even have workers comp
coverage for their employees?  Rhode Island has fined the owners because of
this but their attorney is fighting the fine with the excuse that they
didn't know that they had to have workers comp coverage.  Not a good
defense.  Anyone with employees knows that coverage is required.  These
facts make the TV station's claims that they were taping there to show a
safe club sound even more ridiculous.  Safe businesses, and even most
un-safe ones, carry workers comp.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine