The President and the Arrestor wire

This is slightly off topic, but....  I noticed that
when the news networks(and AP wire feeds) did stories
about President Bush's landing on the Abe Lincoln they
made a HUGE deal about the plane having the use the
arrestor wires to stop.  Why?  As far as I know every
jet landing on a carrier(with the exception of VTOLs
like Harrier)uses an arrestor wire to bring it to a
stop.  I can understand that him flying in a small jet
and doing a carrier landing, but why is the issue with
the wire such a big deal?

=====
Magic 104
North Conway, NH