Re: Boston Globe Online / Obituaries / Talk radio innovator pushed hard on issues

My local 7/11 has the Herald free this month  they still can't move
it...

Jerry when he was at WMEX used to have a studio audience and especially
when studio was in Fenway Park (where NESN is today) he had hecklers.

He also got into a fistfight with a local pol in the late 50s and a tape
of that did exist years later.

When I took a job in Philadelphia in 1980 I called him on the air at
WWDB and he went into a 25 minute tirade at who in their right mind
would move to Philadelphia from Boston.

His replacement at WMEX was Steve Fredricks who was also from
Philadelphia and currently does mid days at WIP Philly