Re: No Radio For The Lowell Spinners This Season?

Mark Watson writes:
<<     I believe Northeastern University, or the company
that produces the NU
games, buys the air time from Bob Bittner for the sports
broadcasts. So yes,
it does make some money for Mr.Bittner. >>

Colt Broadcasting, owned by Rob Rudnick (station
manager/owner at WNTN), was doing Northeastern broadcasts
last I checked. Previously, it was Beacon Sports. I've
always found it amazing that Northeastern's broadcasts
somehow bring in enough revenue to pay overhead (and
presumably make a small profit). Consider that most of
NU's graduates up until a few years back were really
commuter students who got business degrees but aren't
necessarily running any companies or making many spending
decisions in the marketplace.