Re: Minor league baseball on radio

At 11:02 AM 4/28/2003, Howard Glazer wrote:
>The Eastern League's New Haven Ravens, like the Spinners, are also off
>the air this season -- their last in New Haven before they move to
>Manchester, N.H. Surprisingly, the team has retained announcer Bill
>Schweitzer, who does the games for an Internet-only feed.
>
>WAVZ (better known to Globe readers as WABV) dropped the Ravens to
>become a Yankees affiliate. With WCBS and WICC both putting big signals
>into New Haven, I've got to wonder how many more ears the major league
>games are reaching over puny 1300.
>
>Howard

Has anyone approached Yale's radio stations about covering the
Ravens?   After all, they've got two frequencies - 1340AM for freeform and
94.3FM for urban contemporary.   Both appear to have good New Haven coverage.

Of course, this is Yale we're talking about here.  But I have no idea how
much control the students have over the actual air product - if it's a lot
it might be workable if you have a sympathetic student executive
board...and according to WYBC's site they seem to do a fair amount of Yale
sports coverage already...