Re: Old dogs...old tricks

"Dan Billings" wrote:
>I've got another idea:  The station engineers should make the
>complaints to the FCC themselves and then they would be protected from
>being fired by the whistle blower laws!

Now there's a joke.  It would appear that whistle-blower
laws have very few teeth and those teeth aren't very long
or very sharp.  Management-types tend to treat them (and
harrassment laws) with contempt or ignore them altogether.
It takes extremely egregious conduct and/or unbelievably
extreme negligence to make them stick.  Plus, things are
usually arranged such that proving a connection between
whistle-blowing and being fired is nigh well impossible.
Forgive my cynicism.

Roger