Bluring of lines

Last night I noticed Jane Pauley hosting a tribute to Bob Hope.  It seems that this is more
bluring of the lines between news and entertainment.  I notice also that NBC is promoting a
date sometime during sweeps when Jay Leno and Katie Couric will swap seats.  I'm not sure
I can picture Katie doing a monolog, but perhaps she has talents that she hasn't had the
chance to show yet.  But isn't the Today show a production of NBC News?  Are there any
boundaries at all?