Dan Kennedy (was CNN Ethics)

>it was written--
>
> >SteveOrdinetz wrote:
> > Not like I'd call the Phoenix an unimpeachable >source either.

Dan Kennedy has won almost every award for distinguished journalism that a
media critic can win, including several awards from the National Press
Club, and the Rowse Award for Media Criticism.   He has had numerous
articles in national magazines, and is regarded very favourably by people
we all respect, from both the left and the right wing.  He works at the
Phoenix by choice, from what I have been told, because they give him the
freedom to pursue those stories that he feels require more coverage.  I
don't know one person in this town who doesn't respect him or find him
credible, from David Brudnoy, who has had him on WBZ as a guest critic
several times, to the folks at WGBH  and NECN, to several nationally
syndicated columnists who have called him the best media critic they have
read.  Check him out for yourself at www.dankennedy.net , but don't
automatically discount his commentary just because his columns are
published in the Phoenix. (Disclaimer-- Dan and I go back about ten years
and while we are not best pals, I have a good relationship with him, and
even when we don't agree, I still and admire  the quality of his work.)