Re: CNN claims reporters targeted

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Chonak" <rac@gabrielmass.com>
To: "BRI" <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2003 4:24 PM
Subject: Re: CNN claims reporters targeted

> "Iraqi government observers monitored the production of that report,
> CNN's local staff and the persons interviewed."

I did hear mention of the Iraqi "minders" during the war coverage on the
various neyworks, but little discussion about what that meant until after
Baghdad fell.  On the other hand, on numerous occasions, I heard mentions of
the limits on imbedded reporters and discussion of how that effected
coverage.

It is interesting to note that CNN's reporter in Baghdad was kicked out of
the country in the early days of the war.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine