RE: CNN: All the news that we see fit to print

>>I find a vast difference between a network that is
pro-American by choice and voluntarily shows this enthusiasm in its reporting.  Fox makes no bones about the fact that it is pro-American.  I don't think, however, that its scripts are approved by the CIA before airing.

CNN, on the other hand, made an agreement to only report what the Iraqi regime told them that they could.  This is a propaganda tool.<<

As abhorrent as that agreement and CNN's failure to disclose it were, your argument is a crock.  Journalistic ethics and integrity are neither one-way streets nor conveniences, to be discarded just because we're at war, and by Fox figuratively waving its American flag on their air they're showing just as much bias as CNN.  In fact, because Fox's bias is voluntary and not coerced, one could argue that it's far worse than CNN's.

One result of this war ought to be the end of Fox's continuing trumpet of "fair and balanced," because their "reporting" has demonstrated that slogan to be an outright lie.  Either that, or they ought to stop selling themselves as a source of news, and relabel themselves the United States Propaganda Channel.

Sid Schweiger
MIS Manager, Entercom Boston LLC
WAAF-WEEI-WQSX-WRKO-WVEI