Re: CNN: All the news that we see fit to print

----- Original Message -----
From: <RadioTony@aol.com>
To: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 7:30 PM
Subject: Re: CNN: All the news that we see fit to print

> However, the flip of this is, he did what was best for business. While
others were being kicked out, CNN was able
> to stay and that gave them a leg up over the other networks. By his
actions, he gave CNN a competitive edge. I
> don't agree with his actions, but that is what he did. I wonder what
others out here think about this.

CNN is in the business of reporting news.  How do they have a competitive
advantage if they are in Iraq but not reporting what's happening

 > However, this leads me back to my point about the networks limiting the
amount of reporting they have been doing
> about the severity of the civilians deaths and injuries in this "great
victory."

What have you been watching for the last two days?  The coverage is
dominated by talk of looting , civilian deaths, and the lack of water and
electricity.  As I noted before, the reporters had limited access to the
Iraqi cities until the regime fell.  Now that they can get to the hospitals,
the story is being covered.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine