Re: CNN claims reporters targeted

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Vita" <brian_vita@cssinc.com>
To: "Sean Smyth" <ssmyth@suscom.net>;
<boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 8:09 AM
Subject: RE: CNN claims reporters targeted

> During the Wednesday night Fox Report, Shep Smith said that he had some
> interesting emails to read that had come in droves over the past 24 hours.

I think the claims by some foreign reporters that they were targeted by US
troops pissed people off.  (I read one report from a British paper that the
Iraqis were actually responsible for the attack on the hotel that killed a
journalist.)  That combined with coverage of the deaths of Bloom and Kelly,
may have made some think that the deaths of journalists seemed to get much
more coverage than deaths of soldiers or civilians.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine